Friday 13 June 2008

Cheryl Cole To Be Announced As Sharon Osbourne's X Factor Replacement

Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole is expected to be announced as Sharon Osbourne's replacement on the X Factor, it emerged today.


The 'No Good Advice' singer, 24, will join Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue to decide who will become the next X Factor champion, according to Holy Moly.


Fiery Osbourne, 55, last week quit the show, with reports surfacing it was due to her rift with Dannii.


Cheryl has been given the thumbs up by Sharon, who yesterday said she hoped the singer would be her replacement on the ITV talent show. Sharon also denied reports she ended her X Factor tenure because TV bosses would not meet her pay demands.


She said of her decision to quit, "It's just time to move on.


"I love the show, I love everybody there, the producers, Simon (Cowell). But it's just time to move on."


Ozzy Osbourne's wife, who is now tipped to become a contestant on rival BBC show Strictly Come Dancing, added, "I've heard that they're asking certain people (to be the new judge).


"I think they're asking Cheryl (Cole) who I love. They're asking Mel B.


"It'll be interesting, it'll take the show to a different place, it'll be probably even better than it has been if that's possible."


Asked if there was one person she would prefer, she said, "I think Cheryl."


Osbourne said it was "not true" that she asked for more money and was turned down.


But she added, "Yes, I was negotiating and I asked for a ridiculous amount of money and they offered me an obscene amount of money and it just doesn't change the way I feel.


"I think I've done my best and that's it."


Asked whether ridiculous was more than obscene or obscene more than ridiculous, she said, "It's all ridiculous in this industry, we're all bloody overpaid.


"We all get paid too much that's why we're all drama queens. That's why we're all spoiled brats."




See Also